Peter Fidler Park & Campground
Address: Between Railway Avenue and the Red Deer river
This large park was named after Peter Fidler, the first fur trader arriving in the Empress area. In 1800 he established the Hudson Bay Company trading post known as Chesterfield House. See more history of Empress & Area.
In the park is:
- Lots of grassy area with trees along the Red Deer river.
- Walking trails with benches to rest.
- Two ball diamonds with backstops.
- A boat launch into the Red Deer river (GPS: 50.965259, -110.017253, Google Map).
- A campground.
- A washroom & shower building.
The campground contains 10 full RV pull-through sites, with water, sewer, and electricity hook-ups. There is also a lot more space for unserviced RVs and tents.
|Serviced R.V. sites||$22.00 / day|
|Weekly rate||$140.00 / week|
|Monthly rate||$540.00 / month|
|3 months to 6 months||$500.00 / month|
|6 months and over||$405.00 / month|
|Non Serviced sites||$15.00 / day|
Note: Serviced sites have power, sewer, and water from approximately the end of April to the end of October.
Contact the Village of Empress for information & reservations.
See also our Empress Uptown Campground.