News & Events
Keep up to date on the events happening in Empress by checking back regularly or by viewing our calendar.
GOVERNMENT OF THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA
PUBLIC SALE OF LAND
(MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT ACT)
VILLAGE OF EMPRESS
Notice is hereby given that under the provisions of the Municipal Government Act, the Village of Empress will offer for sale, by public auction in the Village Office, #6, 3rd Avenue West, Empress, Alberta on Monday, November 26, 2018 at 10:00 a.m., the following lands:
Plan Block Lot Lot Lot Lot C of T
Each parcel will be offered for sale, subject to the approval of the Village of Empress, and subject to a reserve bid and to the reservations and conditions contained in the existing certificate of title.
Reserving thereout all mines and minerals.
The land is being offered for sale on an “as is, where is” basis, and the Village of Empress makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the adequacy of services, soil conditions, land use districting, building and development conditions, absence or presence of environmental contamination, or the develop ability of the subject land for any intended use by the Purchaser.
No bid will be accepted where the bidder attempts to attach conditions precedent to the sale of any parcel. No terms and conditions of sale will be considered other than those specified by the Town.
Terms and conditions of sale will be announced at the sale, or may be obtained from the undersigned.
The Village of Empress may, after the public auction, become the owner of any parcel of land that is not sold at the public auction.
Redemption may be affected by payment of all arrears of taxes and costs at any time prior to the sale.
Dated at Empress Alberta on August 23, 2018.
Debbie Ross, CAO Village of Empress
Empress Library Manager
The Empress Library Board seeks an energetic and creative person to become our new Manager of the Library Services. Empress is a village of approximately 150 people with additional population from surrounding areas that access the library services.
The Library is well established and is an integral part of the community. The Empress Library is a member of the Marigold Library System which provides access to over 3 million items through electronic book sharing (TRAC).
The Library Manager reports to the Library Board and is accountable for planning, development, coordination and management of library services
in accordance with policies established by the Board and with relevant legislation (i.e. Alberta Labor Standards, Human Rights, Health & Safety)
Duties will include:
- Supervising, managing and leading staff in providing excellent customer service
- Developing and maintaining the library’s collection
- Measuring and development of community driven services and programs
- Ensuring adherence to annual budget, assist the Board in its preparation
- Maintain a strong, cooperative relationship of all library systems (staff, regional member libraries and the Alberta Library Community)
- Actively participates in the development of library policies, procedures and training programs and services
- Advocates for the library by developing, promoting and maintaining relationships in the community
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalency
- Experience in dealing with the public, including children and young adults
- Preference for local residents
- Strong organizational and communication skill (oral and written)
- Familiarity with computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent human resources management skills and strong teamwork ethic
- Able and willing to work flexible hours
- Has valid drivers license and own transportation
- Able to pass “vulnerable person” police check
Salary and Benefits:
- The successful candidate can expect salary commensurate with education and experience
Please forward your resume cover letter as well as 2 references to: Gerry Congram, Chair
Email: geraldine.comgram @gmail.com Subject line: Manager of Empress Library
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 5, 2018