News & Events
Keep up to date on the events happening in Empress by checking back regularly or by viewing our calendar.
The Village of Empress is requesting that any unnecessary travel be avoided. Those that have returned from travelling are asked to self quarantine for 14 days. The Village has, as a precautionary measure, had Ross Loose designated as the person responsible for our water system during this pandemic, and he has agreed to practice self isolation and social distancing from the public. Martin and other members of the Friendship Center are checking in with the vulnerable and elderly people in the community. As a member of the community, you can do your part by:
- staying put if at all possible.
- Check on your neighbors, and friends to ensure they have everything they need.
- If you need to go to town/city be sure to check if anyone in the community is in need of something.
- Once you have returned, ensure you are practicing the self isolation policy recommended by the Province, Country and World Health Organization.
- Cases have been confirmed in Medicine Hat and Kindersley, so we are all at risk.
When we talk about at risk, we are talking about the rampant rate of spread, – an increase of about 30% per day. At this rate, our health system will not have enough respirators to accommodate the sick by the end of March, at which point they will have to start making some tough decisions. These are not scare tactics, these are facts and no not everyone will end in the hospital, but even one from our community is too many if we can avoid it by following these few simple rules for a few weeks.
Check out the new business opportunity identified for Empress by Palliser Economic Partnership.
If this is an investment opportunity you are interested in we can set up a meeting with our consultants.